This afternoon was the away fixture to Faversham after a thrilling home game early in the season which saw Dover almost steal a point from a game they should have won.

Both teams started well, creating chances and passing the ball confidently. Faversham controlled most of the possession and create several chances on goal that without the point blank saves from Dan Smith would have put Dover down early on. A failure to close around 20 yards from goal allowed Faversham to take a pot shot and see the ball fly into the top corner for everyone to admire. Dover picked themselves up and started creating chances. Lewis Saunders was forced wide on occasion after running through with the ball and was unable to provide a cross in the box for the waiting attack. Halftime approach and Lewis was presented with a through ball from a toe poked Alfie clearance on the 18 yard box down the left wing. Lewis outpaced one defender and found himself in the box, turned onto his right foot and curled the ball into the net for the equalizer. A great way to end the half and the team were buzzing.

Dover started the second half like a team full of confidence after the late goal to even the game. Dover were creating more and more chances with Lewis himself having two roll wide of the post and a couple unable to be converted at close range. Faversham were on the back foot and were unable to provide the control in midfield that they had done so well in the first half. Lewis put the visitors into the lead with a delicate chip over the keeper from just inside the box. Dover were on the up and with the missed chances should have had a more comfortable lead.

Faversham were not finished either and continued to give their pacey striker the opportunities to attack the goal. Several of these attacks were dealt with by the replacement centre back Alfie, keeping the back line well and dealing with the majority of the threats. A break down the left saw Faversham up high, and with no options in support continued the run in the Dover box, and although the goalkeeper was able to force the striker wide, a gap was exposed at the near post which was exploited and gave the home team their own equalizer.

With time ticking down and looking for shared points Faversham made a final attack. Dan Smith made a great tackle to halt the striker only for the ball to fall nicely for a clear shot at the open goal only for Dan to dive down toward the ball causing the intimidated striker to pull the shot wide. The referee saw an infringement for the missed shot and awarded a penalty. Dan got a hand to the spot kick but it was too powerful and high to be kept out.

Dover continued to force a goal but it was never to be. Another unrewarded great performance by DAFC but they must put it behind them and play the next game with the same determination and pride.